If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Services culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
Division Administrative Coordinator - Part-Time
Reporting to the Division Manager and the local Division Administrative Coordinator, this position is responsible for supoporting the Division Management team.
- Prepares, edits and formats various confidential documents including briefing materials, strategic planning reports, budgets, agreements, presentations and material related to collective bargaining.
- Manages, develops and implements administrative processes related to customer account management, accounts payable and general administrative duties, including but not limited to AFE and property files
- Assist the Management Team with Divisional budget administration and preparation.
- Assist the Management Team with the Divisional administration of company policies and procedures, including Human Resource policies.
- Coordinate process administration of all new hire/re-hire paperwork and partner with Human Resources in all human resource management for the Region.
- Assist Management with the preparation of divisional business strategies, including those related to collective bargaining.
- Responsible for training of Customer Service Reps within the assigned Division.
- Supervise office activities to achieve optimum utilization of equipment and employees.
- Assist with processes and customer sales questions.
- May oversee inventory controls.
- Ensures timely and accurate dispatching and scheduling of truck shipments. Books all shipments to move within contract periods as defined by the sales contract terms.
- Participates in forward booking of truck freight as required as required in order to secure cost effective transportation of commodities.
- Monitors freight risk based on mutually agreed upon cost with Regional Marketing Manage and General Manager.
- Analyzes fright variance reports in order to maximize truck freight arbitrage and costs.
- Works with Regional Marketing Manager and General Manager in managing shippable stock inventories and initiating transportation plans that allow for maximum utilization and efficiency.
- Directs loads to the most profitable destination based on freight information provided on sales contract.
- Communicated and investigates discrepancies in freight invoices. Ensures unload information is received in a timely manner from carriers including tracking the unloads daily.
- Develops and maintains a variety of logistics activity tools and reports mechanisms. Identifies trends and anomalies and makes corrective action to logistics plans as required.
- In conjunction with Regional Marketing Manager and General Manager, ensures the compliance of current negotiated contracts.
- Maintains and exceeds the company’s reputation as an “on time” shipper of truck commodities.
- Communicates with all parties including end use customers, employees and producers to ensure all customers' expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assists in the movement of specific products including sourcing product and identifying back-haul opportunities.
- Assists others by negotiating smaller freight contracts and rates with trucking companies for truck movement.
- Interacts closely with Regional Marketing Manager and General Manager to ensure appropriate transportation plans are in place to meet current sales.
- Communicates and maintains relations with customers, brokers, and other appropriate parties on critical shipping information.
- Audits invoices to verify the accuracy of rates and charge outs.
- Prepares information for month and year-end reporting as required.
- Prepares and submits claims for damages and shortages of shipments.
- Develops, implements and manages the commodity business plan, including volume handled, sales volume to market, transportation and position management objectives, ensuring that plans align with Division strategies.
- Forecasting fertilizer of an assigned commodity merchandising in domestic markets, with the goal of maximizing profitability.
- Maintains ongoing and regular communications with customers to build relationships and ensure satisfaction, adherence to contract terms and the growth and maintenance of strong business relationships.
- Assists with developing and implements procurement strategies, including the establishment of street and deferred delivery contract prices, which yield planned volume and revenue targets.
- Manages transportation capacity and contract administration to ensure that contract terms are adhered to.
- Negotiate competitive truck, rail, vessel and intermodal freight rates and the co-ordination of commodity sourcing and transportation logistics in order to effectively meet contract terms,
- Assists in development and implementing commodity budgets.
- Develops key communication links to ensure optimal use of company facilities, an understanding and awareness of market requirements, building relationships and facilitating the effectiveness of integrated systems.
- Tracks progress towards the achievement of business plans and objectives, and initiates action as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Minimum four (4) years of demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or in a combination in supervisory, education and work experience.
- Agricultural based degree desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
- Accounting experience preferred; may be required.
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL may be required.
- Travel required.
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; Our Cultivating Excellence culture coupled with great people and delivering superior results with integrity is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services (an Agrium company) is an organizational culture that promotes sustainability and innovation, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Crop Production Services is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.