Crop Production Advisor Trainee
If you live safety always and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Service's culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together while connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to lead your own engagement. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never envisioned while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working side by side in an inclusive culture.
This position is accountable to develop a customer base within a geographical area in market agri-product services and grain deliveries. In addition, this position is accountable for obtaining business results as established through business planning and goal setting.
- Within the parameters of market centre grain and farm supply marketing plans and strategies, is accountable for managing a defined client base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales, financial and operating targets.
- Pro-actively seeks to become involved in the business decision-making process of targeted customers - helps these customers make farm production and marketing decisions. Works closely with the Market Centre Manager to determine potential commitments that can be made to producers.
- Maintains and analyzes a database/record of customer profiles (e.g. commodities produced, product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize and prioritize customer contacts. Scans and interprets the database, shares relevant information (trends, market needs and business opportunities) with team members, and recommends programs and services to meet and exceed customer needs. Analyzes current and future agricultural trends and service needs, and in conjunction with the sales & marketing and operations teams, develops and implements strategies and actions to create opportunities.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitably do business.
- Provides timely service, marketing options, agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers. Arranges for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization.
- Arranges for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value.
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area, and recommends marketing program and service revisions.
- Co-ordinates the movement of grain and farm supplies and related administrative requirements in conjunction with customers and operations staff, in order to ensure that contractual obligations are met.
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure that payments are within approved credit policy, and performs collection functions as required.
- Participates in market area promotional activities.
- In conjunction with the Market Centre Manager, develops and implements performance objectives and related measurements, regularly monitors progress towards objectives and takes appropriate corrective actions as required.
- Executes sales programs within assigned market centre in order to meet and/or exceed budgeted agri-products sales and grain volumes and margins.
- Contacts producers on farm based on customer strategies in order to increase awareness of customer’s/ business needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Must hold and maintain CCA designation, or pass the CCA exam and be successfully designated within a 2 year time-frame.
- Class 5 driver's License Required.
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract.
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; our culture coupled with great people, who deliver results with integrity, is what sets Crop Production Services apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Crop Production Services an award winning company. We are listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services, an Agrium company, is committed to building an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities and veterans.
We believe our diverse and inclusive workforce helps us communicate effectively and adds to our business success. This is just one of the reasons Agrium has been honored as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the past eight years. Additionally, our Employee Resource Groups – the Women's Inclusion Network and the Young Professionals Network, create awareness and opportunity for constructive action and dialogue.
Those passionate about this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.