If you live safety always and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Service's culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together while connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to lead your own engagement. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never envisioned while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working side by side in an inclusive culture.
Loveland Products Inc., a division of CPS, offers a complete line of high performance crop input products including seed treatment, plant performance, nutritionals, adjuvant and crop protection products. Loveland Products brings new, unique chemistries to the marketplace to provide innovative solutions to problems across the agricultural and professional non-crop industries.
Responsible for meeting the scheduled production plan for liquid chemical packaging requirements, while maximizing safety, quality, and efficiency. Performs housekeeping and other tasks as defined on a daily basis. Follows guidance and direction from the Packaging Lead and management.
- Safety Responsibilities
- Always wears the proper PPE and ensures all others follow PPE guidelines
- Ensures while in production areas Safety glasses and steel toed shoes are worn at all times
- All Materials are Labeled and are placed in their right locations
- Understands and follows all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Attend Safety Meetings
- Quality Responsibilities
- Ensures the quality and integrity of all LPI Products
- Ensures Raw Material meets LPI Standards
- Monitors quality throughout the process
- Ensures DPR (Defective Product/Raw Material Report) are complete and accurate
- Communicates with QA when needed
- Ensures bottles are free of spills, and are filled to the correct weight and level
- Ensures correct coding of Bottles and Boxes
- Ensures labels are applied correctly: Centered, Aligned, and Free of Wrinkles
- Ensures the boxes have the correct quantity of bottles
- Ensures Boxes are square, free of defects, and taped correctly
- Ensures Capper is set up correctly and caps are applied correctly: tightened and aligned,
- Ensures Sealer is set up correctly and the seals are complete and don’t allow product or air to escape.
- Ensures Taptone is set up correctly and rejecting bottles/caps that are not applied correctly, and labels that are not applied
- Ensures equipment and machines are not damaging product
- Assists in ensuring that the production line and areas are free of debris and clutter
- Makes sure all pathways are clear and are free of obstructions
- Makes sure Floors and equipment are clean and are in good running condition
- Makes sure at the end of the shift your area/line is clean to LPI standards
- Proficient in all equipment, machines, and processes on Lines 1 and 2, and the Tote and Drum Line
- Understands Production Goals and Expectations
- Take the correct amount of time for breaks and lunch
- Understands and completes Operator PM’s
- Proficient in Start-Ups and Machine Set-Up
- Limits waste - including raw material, finished goods, rework, parts, chemicals, supplies, and time
- Ensure the proper use of machines and equipment to prevent accidents and damage
- Trouble Shoots
- Exhibits know-how of process equipment and machines
- Ensures equipment and machinery are operating properly and at production standards
- Coordinate with maintenance
- Limit Downtime
- Demonstrates a Sense of Urgency when production lines are not producing, while ensuring Safety and Quality are not jeopardized
- Completes Downtime Log and ensure it is complete and detailed
- Proficient Fork Truck Driver
- Communicates necessary information to Production Lead, Palletizer Operator, QA, and Maintenance
- Ensures Timely Changeovers and Conversions
- Training Assistant
- Assist in Training temps
- Assist in Training Production Packagers
- Exhibits Leadership capabilities
- 2 years or more Previous Packaging, forklift, troubleshooting experience strongly desired.
- High school Diploma or equivalent strongly desired.
- Ability to work in a Drug Free work environment required. Don't even apply if you can't pass a drug screen and random drug-screening after hire.
- Ability to work in a Safety First manufacturing facility required.
- Ability to work in a sustained fast-paced manufacturing line environment required.
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; our culture coupled with great people, who deliver results with integrity, is what sets Crop Production Services apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Crop Production Services an award winning company. We are listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services, an Agrium company, is committed to building an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans. Additionally, our Employee Resource Groups – the Women's Inclusion Network and the Young Professionals Network, create awareness and opportunity for constructive action and dialogue.
Those passionate about this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.