If you live safety always and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Service's culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together while connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to lead your own engagement. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never envisioned while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working side by side in an inclusive culture.
Cereals & Bulk Seed Representative
High River, AB
The position is accountable for developing, implementing and managing seed production, sales and marketing programs, developing sales forecasts, working with seed suppliers and internal breeding program to ensure success of the seed portfolio within the CPS region.
- Specified volume of seed sales at profit margins within sales budget through branch/retail locations within assigned territory.
- Implementation of Seed Production Contract terms and Sales Program development.
- Manages all aspects of production contract administration to ensure that contract quality terms are adhered to and purchases remain current.
- Uses professional judgment to evaluate and ensure seed products being sold to customers are within quality specifications.
- Manages commodity inventory price risk including industry purchases to ensure optimal profitability by managing carrying costs.
- Maintains ongoing communications with Country staff to ensure an understanding and awareness of product requirements and takes action accordingly.
- Maintains ongoing communications with Marketing Managers and Branch Managers to ensure optimal use of company facilities, an understanding and awareness of commodity requirements, and build relationships.
- Provides guidance on pricing premiums and discounts for assigned products(s) within provided guidelines.
- Manages logistics, allocations, and purchase orders for assigned products and territories.
- Develops relationships through a predetermined set of criteria with Seed Growers within assigned territory.
- Develop and manage the growth of relationships with product suppliers, stakeholders and/or genetic suppliers to achieve the financial goals of the Department/Organization.
- Lead the implementation of Sales and/or Production Plans as assigned.
- Develop and manage required key activities in relation to strategic Departmental Projects. Present results to relevant stakeholders. Facilitate project implementation.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of market trends and competitor activities; develops recommended plans of action in relation to market activities and advises Direct Supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists Direct Supervisor in the development of the Seed Sales Forecast and Production Plan.
- Communicates sales strategies, pricing and programs to country staff and solicits feedback for future planning. Provides Professional customer representation for CPS at customer events.
- Monitors and analyzes the product position statement, recommends action plan to Direct Supervisor.
- Reviews and analyzes progress towards the achievement of business plans and key business indicators (KBI's), initiates actions as required.
- Proficient use of designated accounting and seed management software, and credit systems, processes and procedures.
- Develops and provides training to staff regarding marketing and pricing of products.
- Prepares and submits regular and extemporized reports regarding product achievements, opportunities and issues.
- Participates in the investigation and evaluation of product complaints including cost analysis; recommends actions to Direct Supervisor.
- Responsible for, understands and adheres to all Safety Policies, Procedures and Precautions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- University degree in Agriculture, Business Administration or Commerce
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in agribusiness, agronomy experience and seed business
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to manage effectively within a team-based work environment will realize success.
- Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, database and word processing software applications within a Windows based operating environment.
CPS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan.
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; our culture coupled with great people, who deliver results with integrity, is what sets Crop Production Services apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Crop Production Services an award winning company. We are listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services, an Agrium company, is committed to building an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities and veterans.
We believe our diverse and inclusive workforce helps us communicate effectively and adds to our business success. This is just one of the reasons Agrium has been honored as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the past eight years. Additionally, our Employee Resource Groups – the Women's Inclusion Network and the Young Professionals Network, create awareness and opportunity for constructive action and dialogue.
Those passionate about this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.