If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Services culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
Customer Service Representative
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this administrative position is responsible for customer inquiries, marketing credit products and services, and supporting the branch team in a professional and courteous manner.
- Receives customers, answers their questions regarding product availability and commodity/service prices, completes order forms for order given and received payments for sales made.
- If required, work with operations staff and customers via telephone, in person, or by email, to complete the product bookings and/or product orders and forward to operations staff for shipment when required.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, monitors accounts receivable and credit limits
- Receives and posts payments to customer accounts – while ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Print Daily Reports as required under Policy and Procedures including the “End of Day Report”, and “Payments Listing”. Reconcile cheque and credit card payments daily.
- Maintains confidential office records and files covering daily transactions made at the facility that includes customer invoices, stock transfers and shipment notices.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with National Safety Code file submission and maintenance
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with the corporate Environment Health and Safety Program. May include tracking staff training, submitting required paperwork to Asmark and completing Monthly Meeting Minutes and/or Site Inspections.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with new hire and re-hire paperwork as required by the Human Resources Department. Maintain confidential employee files for each employee.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, co-ordinate and track accounts payable
- Complete administrative correspondence as required; including but not limited to letters, memo’s and emails.
- Under direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, plan and set up branch displays as required.
- Compile and provide information on items such as stocks in store, product sales, prices, shipments and accounts outstanding as requested by the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Assist with inventory control by tracking inventory coming in and going out of the location. Prepare stock transfers and product orders as required.
- Assist with inventory spot checks and monthly/yearly inventory cut-offs.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and packages, and direct outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Assist location in the receipt of shipments of supplies and/or inventory. Check shipments for damaged articles, quality and quantity of merchandise received, and places goods in designated storage areas as required.
- Complies with CPS and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Restocks shelves from stock room supplies and, upon approval of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, orders stock which has reached a low level.
- Under the direction of the manager, reorder or request stock/inventory which has reached a low level.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties.
- Performs the responsibilities of other market area positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of market area operations. This will require cross-training in various market area functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Computer, keyboarding skills. High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous customer service experience (minimum of one year). Knowledge of farm supply products and services a definite asset.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of word processing, database and spreadsheet software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated ability to produce neat and accurate work with attention to detail.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; Our Cultivating Excellence culture coupled with great people and delivering superior results with integrity is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services (an Agrium company) is an organizational culture that promotes sustainability and innovation, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Crop Production Services is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and veterans.
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.