Handles and delivers bulk and packaged fertilizer and chemicals, performs daily vehicle inspections, handles and delivers packaged chemicals, cleans and maintains equipment, assists mechanic, may maintain maintenance records, & other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or a combination of education and work experience
- Valid Class A driver’s license & Endorsements for Air Brakes, Tanker and Hazardous Materials
- DOT-minimum age requirement is 21 years, Current DOT Medical Card
- Must be able to work 55+hour weeks and rotating weekends
- To load or assist in loading flatbed truck with materials. To unload or assist in unloading flatbed truck by using forklift or hand truck.
- To operate semi-truck flatbed, according to state laws. To transport loads over required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Must be able to conduct a standard DOT truck inspection.
- Capable of filling out all company and DOT required paperwork.
- Must be able to fill out shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paper work to shipping office. To maintain any related records required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds.
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. To report any maintenance malfunctions to maintenance dept.
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Have a valid Class A CDL (hazmat, tanker & air brake endorsements)
- Driving Record must be clean
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely.
- May, at times, sit in a cab for periods of time.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.
*EOE plus AA employer