Crop Production Services Canada, is a division of Agrium (www.Agrium.com), and one of the largest farm market retailers in North America. Our mission is to be the trusted and recognized leader in the agricultural industry, the first choice for every customer and producer. A growth company where employees can achieve success and develop to their maximum potential. Make the move to join our more than 8000 employees across Canada and the US and begin growing your career now.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Crop Production Advisor - Arborg, MB
- This position is accountable to meet and exceed annual sales goals and profit margin objectives of CPS products and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives as set by branch management
- Implement on-farm based sales strategy to promote CPS products and services
- Maintains and analyzes a database/record of customer profiles (product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize, and prioritize customer base
- Develops and maintains effective business relations with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach that targeting customer with whom the company can profitable to do business
- Provides timely service as well as agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers. Arranges for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization
- Arranges for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions.
- Review customer accounts to ensure that payments are within the approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required
- Monitors competitive activity and trends
- May be required to keep records and prepare reports on sales activities
- Solid knowledge of CPS product offerings including features, benefits, and uses
- Ability to interpret soil, tissue and water analysis
- Initiates trials that will support marketing efforts
- Researches and responds to technical inquiries
- Performs other duties as required
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered.
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience
- CCA or P.Ag. accreditation is a definite asset, but not required
- Strong time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and ability to keep confidential information
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract