Reports to: Operations Manager Department: Warehouse
Handles and delivers bulk and packaged fertilizer and chemicals, performs daily vehicle inspections, handles and delivers packaged chemicals, cleans and maintains equipment, assists mechanic, may maintain maintenance records, & other duties as assigned. $14.50/hour and OT after 8 hrs. Medical, Dental & Life Insurance Voluntary benefits. Paid holidays and vacation schedule up to 2 weeks.
- High School diploma or demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or a combination of education and work experience
- Valid driver’s license & Current CDL (Class A or B) required
- DOT-minimum age requirement is 21 years
- Must be able to work 50+ hours/week
- To load or assist in loading trailer with materials. To unload or assist in unloading trailer by using forklift or hand truck.
- To operate semi-truck with one or two trailers, according to state laws. To transport loads over required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Must be able to conduct a standard DOT truck inspection.
- Capable of filling out all company and DOT required paperwork.
- Must be able to fill out shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paper work to shipping office. To maintain any related records required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. Report any maintenance malfunctions to maintenance dept.
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Have a valid CDL (Class A or B) with at least two years of experience
- Must have air brake endorsement
- Driving Record must be clean
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely.
- May, at times, sit in a cab for periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders to be able to look into tender boxes/tanks.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.
*EOE Plus AA Employer